Join Date: Jun 2007
LG P970] Upgrade Kit 3.5 | Apps 1.7 | Flash, Root, Mod, Unbrick...
| Upgrade Kit (UPK) |
| Firmwares |
This is a setup which contains all needed things to upgrade/flash following described methods :
Apps (useful apps quickly installable after a flash / reset)
> AdFree, ES File Explorer, EzBoot, GO Launcher EX, Quick Settings, Root Checker, Easy Installer, GingerBreak...
BlackJack (root process)
CWM 5 (ClockWorkMod 5 setup)
Drivers (USB, Modem, Bluetooth)
KDZU - Guide
LGMobile Update (B2C)
MSXML 6 SP1
R&D Test Tool (unbricking tool / hard reset)
R&D Test Tool - Guide
README - About HTML file
Windows Enabler (X64 / R&DTT)
3.5 : + BlackJack | + USB drivers 3.5 | minor updates on guides/apps
| The upgrade |
Now I let this task to more competent than me
Check luivit's flux list (thanks)
AFRATL = language/brand code | VXXX = firmware version | (...) = Provider/Country
> you can get it with the link of countries list (see below)
WARNING : keep files's original name/case or you'll get errors while flashing.
Syntax = V10A_00.kdz | characters in red will never move. Characters in skyblue are according to versions.
Code: Full flash check http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/csmg/b...check.jsp?esn=IMEI Firmware check http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/csmg/b...heck2.jsp?esn=IMEI Country check http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/csmg/b...GP970&country=FR Downloadable content check http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/csmg/b...LGP970&suffix=AFRATL&country=FR | The root |
/!\ You assume the fact that flashing may result in having troubles, and even bricking the phone.
It is recommended to do a factory reset before flashing, by entering in the privacy menu (also doable via the hidden menu - aka service menu). It may prevent of errors/bricking. If you are going to downgrade, wipe/reset after having flashed too. This will erase all datas, so back up all saveable things (particularly contacts if they're not registered on USIM, and don't forget memos etc...). Simply use PCSuite. If you have already installed ClockWorkMod Recovery, do a nandroid backup (backup and restore). Otherwise, the other way consists in making a simple list of installed apps with Zemna Applist Backup or App List Backup. The standard way by using App Backup & Restore or App Backup & Reinstall. Or a cooler way with screenshot (need root access, see below).
/!\ For the hidden menu access, open the dialer and type the following :
3845#*970# | You can do a factory reset by this way. It seems that we have to compose on stock dialer. When I do it on GO Launcher's one, nothing happens.
> it also works for any LG model, just replace 970 by another. Ex : 3845#*540# for the Optimus GT540
So, I wrote my own guide into a PDF file. Following my feeling, it's certainly the safest way to flash.
There is also an unbricking guide which seems to have saved several devices although they seemed ****ed. To prove, I saved mine after getting the "lg security team" error.
It's based on rgabi88's method and also UncleCacker's one.
> Watch [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrQa8KKhkF4"]back0ne's video[/ame].
Also found some tricks here (thanks to kzhus)
- Replace IMEI with your own | Compose *#06#. It is also on phone's back.
- Replace the 2 last letters for your country
- AFRATL = language/brand code
> check your country to get appropriate code according to your firmware version (case sensitive)
| The Recovery |
/!\ You assume losing phone's warranty by doing that
Method 1 (10B-)
- Download the latest GingerBreak
> If you downloaded UPK you may install it (Apps)
- Allowed non Market Place apps (settings > apps > unknown sources)
- USB debugging ON (settings > apps > dev > USB debugging)
- Mounted SDC
- Launch Polaris Office to explore your SDC, then touch the apk file
> in the case you don't have a file explorer, install ES File Explorer (Apps)
- Cool, it's rooted ! (now you can uninstall GingerBreak)
Phone will reboot on sucess. Loading can take several minutes. If after 10 minutes at most nothing happens, GingerBreak doesn't work for you....
Method 2 (10C+ and certain firmwares)
You'll find detailed instructions in UPK. My first update was 10C, it worked. Currently, I turn with 10E. I rooted it two times easily and fast with SOC and SRP. In fact, the process has 2 steps and can't work without each other, or it will fail.
Reference threads : SuperOneClick and xantaro's post.
| Tricks/Mods |
/!\ You assume all facts by doing that
To install ClockWorkMod :
- Ensure of : installed USB Drivers / rooted system / USB debugging ON (settings > apps > dev)
- Plug phone, wait for installation complete (first time plug), launch "CWM" (UPK)
- Allow root access if prompted by SuperUser (phone)
- Use EzBoot (or else) to boot into recovery
> If you boot into recovery without CWM installed, phone will perform a factory reset by default !
To load into recovery (or DownloadMod etc..), you have to use an app since LG P970 doesn't have a key combination for it. EzBoot is perfect (included in UPK).
Two other apps : ROM Manager, Quick Boot.
Reference thread by xantaro
| The GPS hook fix |
- (Discovery) Remove battery, hold power buton, plug USB cable and wait until LG logo appears. Yeah ! The phone boots and you can use it with an infinite supply without killing battery's life !! But the phone seems having to be in airplane mod, otherwise it will shut down and display the battery missing message.
> It also works with my GT540, holding the call key. This could work on any LG androphone.
- ROM Nova
- ROM Pays
- ROM Relax
- KERNEL Quasar
- KERNEL Aurora
- Safe list of deletable apps (german)
- G key binds for alternative functions
- Launch camera without loading
- Gingerbread Framework / Themes
| Troubleshooting |
- Hidden menu > GPS Test > System Settings > MOLR Protocol > User Plane
- Hidden menu > GPS Test > System Settings > SULP Setting > SLP Auto Provision Enabled
- Hidden menu > GPS Test > System Settings > SULP Setting > SLP Server Setting > LGE SUPL
> You can also add custom servers, like nokia's :
name : Nokia
slp adress : supl.nokia.com
port : 7275
certification file :
- Contexte menu > Save
> A reboot will reset these settings by default.
- Bricked your phone ? Try the emergency recovery (or manually hard reset with R&DTT)
> Launch LGMobile Update (aka B2C) > Support > Recovery phone (aka SOS...)
- Lost/freezed your home ? Try nikpik's solution.
|apps , flash , kit , mod , p970 , root , unbrick , upgrade|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|LG New Flash Files Download Here||ChennaiGsm||LG (Flashers & Flash files)||0||11-07-2011 16:14|
|How to enter my Unlock Code on LG Electronics ?||GSM HEART||LG||3||02-02-2010 22:50|
|5200||srikanthreddy||J.A.F. by Odeon||4||01-23-2010 00:20|
|Unlock security code from bb5(s60)||nitinkansara||Nokia BB5||5||12-24-2009 15:17|
|Infinity Box , FREE Updates for 3 years with 1 update every week||Infinity-box||Infinity-Box||2||09-26-2008 16:31|